bed & breakfast
The Hawkesdene House bed
country inn Bed & Breakfast Inn and Cottages hotel
Andrews, Cherokee County, North Carolina
The Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains
Aerial Photo & Area Info
Western North Carolina Attractions
FAR FROM THE MADDENING CROWDS.
BUT CLOSE TO A LOT OF OTHER THINGS.
- Hiking and Walking Wildflower and photo walks for
- Fishing The Hawkesdene House lies close to some of
the best trout streams known. There are also several lakes that afford good fishing.
- Boating On Nantahala and Hiawassee lakes.
- River Trips Whitewater rafting, canoeing and
kayaking on the Nantahala and Ocoee Rivers.
- Horseback Riding Stables nearby for riding or
- Golf Beautiful mountain courses nearby.
- Theatre Numerous summer theatre productions.
- John Campbell Folk School This renowned folk school
is just minutes away, and there's always something going on.
- Precious Stones There's ruby mining close by or you
can pan for gold in The Hawkesdene House's very own stream.
- Great Smoky Mountain Railway Ride one of the most
scenic railways in the country.
- Airport The Andrews-Murphy Airport, with a 5,000 ft.
runway, is just 4 miles away. Transportation can be arranged.
- Eating Within a few miles of the Hawkesdene House
there are a variety of restaurants for just about any taste.
- Side Trips Cherokee Indian Reservation - Biltmore
House - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
|Aerial photo of
Big Stamp Mountain and Hawkesdene House
in the Valley
Home - Rooms - Cottages - Llama
Aerial Photo & Area Info - Recipes - Directions